Terms and conditions
Last reviewed [14/09/16] Last updated [14/09/16]
- The website MyAdultstillMyChild.co.uk (the Website) is operated by Cope Children’s Trust (also known as ‘Rainbows’) whose company registered number is 2743297 and whose registered charity number is 1014051 and with registered office at Lark Rise, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 2HS. Contributions were also received from:
Together for Short Lives
with the legal review and advice provided by:
Browne Jacobson LLP.
We are a charity. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use of our Website
- By accessing and using the Website you confirm that you accept the terms set out in these terms and conditions and that you agree to comply with them.
- If you do not agree to these terms you must not access and/or use the Website.
- The Website is intended for use only by people who live in England as advice and arrangements may differ elsewhere in the UK.
- By using the Website, you warrant that all information supplied to us by you through or in relation to the Website is true and accurate and you have the permission of any other person whose information you supply to do so. We do not accept any liability for the failure by you to gain the consent of any third party about whom you provide information.
- Our rights in our Website
- The Website and all content included in or made available through it, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads and data compilations is the property of Rainbows as the designers and publishers of the Website on behalf of the group of contributors.
- We are the owners or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the content on the Website including all information, images and documents contained on the Website. You may not print, re-distribute, extract and/or re-utilise parts of the content of any of the Website. For clarity, this includes all images published to the Website.
- You must not use the Website in any way that may cause damage to or impair the performance of the Website, or in connection with any activity that is unlawful, illegal or fraudulent.
- We may make changes to our Website
- We may make changes to the Website, including these terms and conditions, from time to time to reflect changes to users’ needs, our business needs, operational reasons, charitable aims, information about individuals who benefit from the services, updates to case studies, updates to images used and updates in the law . Every time you wish to use the Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
- Do not rely on information on this Website
- The Website provides information and advice for use as general information or for educational purposes only. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
- For clarity, the Website does not provide health or medical support and it is up to you to contact a health professional if you are concerned about your health, medical or support needs.
- We do not warrant:
- that the information provided will meet any or all of your health, medical or support requirements; or
- that the Website provides medical advice in relation to any individual case or patient; or
- that it provides medical or diagnostic services; or
- that the information provided can be relied upon by any person, including any medical or health professional.
- We may suspend or withdraw our Website
- We do not warrant that the Website or any content will always be available or be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or its supporting systems are free of viruses or bugs. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website for business and operational reasons.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Whether you are a consumer or business user, we do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- If you are a consumer user please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We do not accept any liability to you if we fail, or are interrupted or delayed in the performance of any obligation because of:
- the non-availability or failure of any telecommunications or computer services, systems, equipment or software operated or provided by you or any third party; or
- any other event not within our reasonable control, including but not limited to failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorised access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes or natural disasters, strikes or other labour problems, wars, or governmental restrictions.
- We do not give any commitments or accept any liability to you in respect of content provided by third parties including, without limitation, the contributors identified in paragraph 1 to these terms or any contributors of case studies to our Website.
- If you are a business user, we exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website or any content on it.
- If you are a business user we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website. In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss which arose when you first accessed or registered to use the Website (even if that loss results from our failure to comply with these terms or our negligence);
- loss of revenue, loss of profits or loss of anticipated savings (whether those losses are the direct or indirect result of our default);
- any loss suffered due to the default of any party other than us
- business interruption
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation,
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Third Party Websites
- We do not monitor the content of third-party websites.
- Any link provided on the Website is for your information only.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any third-party website. Where we provide links to third-party websites, that does not imply any association with or recommendation for those websites.
- Legal Information
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall remain in full force and effect.
- If you are a consumer, please note that these terms and conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- The Website is delivered by:
Cope Children’s Trust, Rainbows Hospice, Lark Rise, Loughborough, LE11 2HS 01509 63800 in conjunction with:
Together for Short Lives; and
- Further advice and information can be provided by Together for Short Lives, registered with charity number 1144022 and situated at New Bond House, Bond Street, Bristol, BS2 9AG, by using the email link https://www.togetherforshortlives.org.uk/ for further information.